When your pavement is cracked, uneven, or forming potholes, then you need asphalt removal and replacement.
Asphalt pavement is durable, strong, affordable, and built to last. This is why it is the top pavement choice and is commonly used in most parking lots and driveways. However, asphalt pavement can still be damaged over time, particularly if it’s not maintained regularly. Temperature changes, wear and tear, UV rays, rainfall and snowfall, and oil/gasoline spills can all damage your asphalt pavement, causing cracks and fractures.
When water seeps into these cracks, it can degrade the ground beneath, causing potholes, uneven surfaces, and other forms of major damage.
Sure-Seal Pavement Maintenance Inc. offers asphalt removal and replacement to protect your property and prevent costly damage from occurring. As the leading pavement maintenance contractor in the GTA, we offer repairs with industry-leading seven-year structural warranties.
Asphalt Removal and Replacement
With Sure Seal Pavement’s asphalt removal, your damaged pavement is completely removed and then replaced, ensuring that it is as good as new and that no further damage occurs.
Once cracks have formed and the ground has begun to degrade, you need to take prompt action to prevent more serious, costly damage from developing. With asphalt replacement, the damaged areas of your parking lot or driveway can be quickly repaired, preventing more severe damage that would require an entire resurfacing of your lot.
We commonly perform this procedure for catch basin collapses in parking lots throughout Ontario, including Toronto, Ottawa, North York, Brampton, Windsor, Vaughan, and North Bay. Catch basin collapses are a very common type of damage in parking lots throughout the province, but the right asphalt removal and replacement can repair your property.
Why Do Catch Basins Collapse?
Catch basins are essential in parking lots for preventing damage and helping drain the water that can end up causing costly repairs. However, catch basins can easily become damaged themselves.
Water and erosion can cause your catch basins to deteriorate before the other parts of your pavement. The blocks and bricks of your catch basin can begin to fall and break down, causing the pavement surrounding your catch basin to crack, fracture, and become uneven.
If this is not corrected quickly, severe damage can become a big problem. However, if the rest of your pavement is fine, then there is no need for costly resurfacing or other extensive repair techniques.
With catch basin asphalt removal and replacement, Sure-Seal Pavement Maintenance can quickly repair your catch basins, preventing further costs, damage, and liability. Catch basin repairs effectively rebuild your catch basin and repair the damaged pavement surrounding them. By using catch basin restoration and replacement, you can avoid the most costly, severe types of damage that occur in parking lots and driveways.
Asphalt Removal and Replacement Procedure
Asphalt removal and replacement must be performed professionally and with great accuracy to prevent further damage.
Sure-Seal Pavement Maintenance follows a multi-step process to ensure the integrity of your pavement and the quality of our work. To get an idea of our asphalt removal and replacement procedure, the following video gives a good example of our work and the steps involved.
- Saw cut asphalt full depth: First, we mark the areas that we are going to remove and then saw cut your pavement, allowing for complete removal.
- Remove asphalt from damaged area: Next, we remove the cut asphalt from the damaged area, often using machinery. Pavement slightly beyond the damaged area will also be removed. This asphalt is hauled away and disposed of.
- Dump debris off site for recycling: The separated asphalt is removed from your property and is recycled, ensuring minimal environmental impact and disposal costs.
- Grade existing granular base: After removal, we grade the granular subbase that was beneath the asphalt, preparing it for compacting. We also inspect to ensure there’s no further damage in the granular base.
- Compact subbase granular: The granular subbase is now levelled and compacted, ensuring that it is ready for the new asphalt and that it can support the new surface.
- Apply binder glue to edges: Specialized binding glue is applied to the edges of the area, which ensures that the new surface adheres properly.
- Pave base with hot mix asphalt: The area is now paved with a hot asphalt mix up to three inches at a time.
- Compact base layer of asphalt: The hot mix base layer is compacted until smooth.
- Pave finish layer of asphalt: Finally, a final surface layer is paved on top using hot mix asphalt.
- Achieve final grade and tamp edge: The surface layer is compacted, resulting in a smooth, level surface. The edges of the area are tamped to prevent water infiltration.
Using this multi-step process, Sure-Seal Pavement Maintenance Inc. can provide the most effective, high-quality, and professional asphalt replacement and catch basin repair for properties in Toronto, Ottawa, and throughout the Ontario region.
Does your parking lot have a collapsed catch basin? As the leading pavement maintenance contractor in the GTA, Sure-Seal Pavement Maintenance Inc. specializes in catch basin repairs, rebuilding, and repaving. We offer an industry-leading seven-year structural warranty. Contact us today for more information on how we can perform catch basin repair for your driveway or parking lot.